Welcome to the 448th edition of Android Apps Weekly. Here are the big headlines from the last week:
- We rounded up the best new apps and games from the last month. You can check out the best new Android apps from August here and the best new games from August here. Enjoy!
- The first Android 14 beta may come as soon as April 2023. Google talked about its Quarterly Platform Releases (QPRs) and mentioned that Android 13’s final one is in March 2023. That seems to indicate that Android 14 betas could start popping up as early as April. Hit the link to learn more.
- The new ad-supported plan from Netflix may cost less than half of the current plan. Bloomberg released a report that says Netflix could charge between $7 and $9 for the plan. The current plan costs $15.49 at the time of this writing. Netflix is also working on using fewer targeted ads and smaller ad deals so audiences don’t get too upset.
- BeReal has been taking off. The social platform only gives people a chance in a random, two-minute window every day. That makes it very hard for people to fake their lives like they usually do on Instagram. Hit the link to learn more about it. Snapchat is also copying one of BeReal’s features, and you can read more about that here.
- Twitter Circles is also rolling out soon. Twitter Circles work a little bit like Google+ Circles did back in the day. Basically, you can post a tweet to a Circle, and only folks in that Circle can see your tweet. Hit the link to learn more about them.
Masha and the Bear: Farm Games
Price: Free / $2.99 per month / $19.99 per year